It’s almost 1 hour away from 2016. Usually around this time, I put up a blog listing off my goals for the new year.
Last year…I listed off 10 goals. Ten simple goals to work toward and achieve throughout 2015. They were:
- Remain injury free
- Run the hell out of the Boston Marathon
- Try out a new distance
- Travel far and run there
- Eat better
- Train harder, but smarter
- Run with different people at different paces – challenge myself!
- Remember that can’t run like anyone else but me…so stop comparing my speeds against my peers
- Run a race on my birthday with some friends to celebrate going up an age division
- Have more confidence
So, how many did I accomplish?
NONE OF THEM!! Not a single one. My year started off really well, with a great race at the Charleston Marathon. But then, the downward, and still ongoing spiral happened.
With the failures of last year weighing heavy on my heart and mind…I leave 2015 with one goal…one simple goal for 2016:
In 2016, I make only one promise to myself. I will leave the past in the past. All the heartbreak and disappointments I faced in 2015 will not define me this coming year. In 2016, I start over. Wipe the slate clean. A new year means a new start. I won’t dwell on anything except this one thing…
…to get better. To heal. To get stronger.
Yes…I am going to get better.
And that’s it. I will be healthier, happier, and stronger.
In 2015, the bad times outweighed the good. But…in less than an hour, everything changes. New year…new beginning…new outlook.
The journey begins…now.