Disclaimer: I received a Handful Y-Back Bra to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews!
One thing any woman will tell you is that finding that perfect sports bra that is a perfect mix of style, fit, and work with whatever your activity and activity level is might be one of the most difficult things to do. At least, for me it has been a challenge to find a sports bra that won’t leave me chafed around the middle.
And then…Handful came into my life.
The first thing that drew me to Handful was the support they give to Breast Cancer Warriors and Survivors. My mom battled breast cancer last year and came out on the other side as a beautiful survivor. Handful gives 12.5% of revenue from their Battle Cry Pink bras year round to YSC® (Young Survival Coalition) in recognition of the 1 in 8 women (12.5%) who will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime. And, for any woman who loses a breast to cancer, Handful provides FREE pad sets that can be stacked and used as prosthetics in any of their pocketed bras.
And if that isn’t amazing enough…Handful prides itself on the Fashion, Function, Feel, Fun, and Fight in their products. This is what they call their High Five and it is the foundation of their company and products.
When my Handful Bra arrived in the mail on a Thursday and I couldn’t wait to open it up and check it out. It would have to wait for the test runs that weekend, as Friday’s are always my rest day.
- SOFT! The bra fabric is SUPER soft. I couldn’t wait to try it on because it just felt so amazing so I knew it was going to feel good wearing it.
- COLOR! I got my Handful Y-Back Bra in the color Eclipse. It’s the stunning dark blue. But here’s the thing, fun and fashion are two of the High Fives that the company swears by…and every single style of their bras come in stunning colors and/or designs.
- POCKETS & PADS! Handful Bras are all equipped with removable pads (to give you more or less of what you need where/when/if you need it). Those little sleeves you slide the pads in and out of also double as stash pockets for a key, card, chapstick, fuel, or whatever! HOW AMAZING!
So, I had to wait a day before trying out the bra, but that entire weekend I was going to put it to the test. I had a 10 mile run on Saturday, and a 16 mile run on Sunday. This would be a good way to put this bra to the test.
- COMFORT! This bra, as I mentioned before is SOFT!! It’s so comfortable to wear. I wore it with the provided pads on Saturday, and without on Sunday. Made no difference. I felt very supported and never felt like the fabric was rubbing me raw anywhere or that I was bubbling out of it in the back or the front. It’s also quick-drying with a soft, moisture wicking COOLMAX lining. Comfortable doesn’t even begin to describe it. I could live in this bra.
- NO CHAFING! The biggest issue I have with MOST of the sports bras that I have purchased is that they chafe me right around the middle where that band hits just below the breasts. That didn’t happen at all with this bra. I have worn it on numerous runs, both short and long. I have worn it to physical therapy. I have even worn it to work because…it’s JUST that comfortable. And nothing rubbed me wrong. Not a single mark was left on my body. Not around the middle. Not under the arms. Not down the back. Not on the shoulders. It was a perfect fit. AND…if you aren’t sure how to pick your size, the Handful site has a chart, but for the most part, your T-shirt size is your Handful Bra size. They aren’t wrong. It fit me perfectly!
- FLATTERING! The Handful Y-Back Bra comes with what they call the “Anti-Uniboob Design. Seriously, the little ruching at the front a simple touch that makes a world of difference and simply…defines your shape. It also keeps things tight if you lean forward, where most sports bras will gap. What’s not to love about that?
There is no doubt that Handful has become my favorite bra in my lineup. In fact, I’m tossing my old ones and ordering a variety of these so that I exclusively wear them. That’s how impressed I am with it. And, of course, in honor of my mom…I’ll definitely be getting quite a few in Battle Cry Pink!